t Anderson both injure

Pour tout acheter et tout vendre

t Anderson both injure

Message par zxlbxj1 le 19 Oct 2018, 05:28

NEW YORK -- Mets ace Matt Harveys ailing elbow is feeling better, and the right-hander said Tuesday he is still optimistic he can avoid reconstructive surgery that would likely sideline him for all of next season. Harvey will visit Dr. James Andrews on Monday before deciding whether he will undergo Tommy John surgery. "Everything feels fine, my arm feels great," the 24-year-old right-hander said. "I am still very optimistic about everything, but I am not a doctor so we will see what happens." In his first public comments since Aug. 26, when the Mets said he had a partial ligament tear, Harvey said he hasnt yet had a second MRI to determine the best course of action going forward. He has been icing his elbow and riding a stationary bike since he was shut down for the season last month. Harvey said the swelling is down and that pain subsided two days after he put a ball down. "We wanted to get the second opinion, let the swelling settle down before we went in and started any rehab or anything like that," he said. "Were going to wait to see how Monday goes with Dr. Andrews. "I am not going to make an immediate decision while I am down there. Whether it is another week or whatnot, I am going to talk to as many people as I can. If we do go the surgery route, having it sooner so maybe I can get back in September next year ... its a possibility. We havent gotten that far." Harvey, the All-Star game starter for the National League, joined Mets teammates David Wright and Zack Wheeler, along with Jeff Wilpon -- the teams chief operating officer -- at a Manhattan firehouse in advance of the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks on New York. Harvey was in middle school in Connecticut on the day the World Trade Center was struck by hijacked airliners. "I still remember hearing about it," he said. "It was a scary time. We didnt know what was going on. We were so young and so close. I had spent a lot of time in New York City, and realizing what was really going on was a scary moment. "The way that America bounced back and handled everything, it was something really special to see." Wright, who is also sidelined by injury, has been a regular visitor to firehouses as the anniversary of the attacks approaches each year. Photos and memorials to the 16 firefighters from Engine 54, Ladder 4, Battalion 9, who were killed that day adorn the walls at the station. The players posed for photos with current firefighters, adorning helmets and coats, before signing hats and baseballs. Wright remembers fondly the home run hit by Mets catcher Mike Piazza, the clubs star of that time, in their first home game after the attacks. "That is probably my favourite baseball moment of all time, watching Mike Piazza hit that home run, and the USA chants, and the American flags," Wright said. "Just for that split-second, the city of New York got distracted a little bit from that tremendous tragedy. "As Ive said a million times, its a shame we only get to celebrate these men and women once a year, and it has to be under these circumstances. I couldnt be more appreciative, and I look forward to this trip every year." Harvey expressed similar thoughts on his first visit to the firehouse. He could very well be back there again next year. Whether he will be back on the mound is a much bigger question mark. "I am going to get as many opinions as I can," Harvey said. "Which way I decide to go, I am going to go 150 per cent. You have to weigh the risk of having surgery. In my mind, if I can rehab and throw for 10-plus years like (Phillies pitcher) Roy Halladay has then ... but everyone is different. "I can go off how I feel and what I believe in, but when its a doctors decision and hes throwing issues out there that are not going to be able to help from rehab, then obviously decisions will have to be made." If Harvey faces a long recovery period, the Mets would like for him to get started on it as soon as possible. "I know Matt and the organization dont want to lose two years," Wilpon said. "If its got to be a year, and thats what it ends up being, then were prepared for that and well deal with it. I dont think anybody wants it to be longer than that." NOTES: Mets left-handed reliever Scott Rice underwent surgery on Tuesday to repair bilateral sports hernias. ... SS Ruben Tejada was recalled from Las Vegas of the Pacific Coast League. He had been optioned to Las Vegas on July 7. ... The Mets 2014 schedule was released Tuesday. New York will open the season at home on March 31 against Washington. The Mets will play exhibition games against Toronto at Montreals Olympic Stadium on March 28-29, the first major league games there since the Expos final game on Sept. 29, 2004, before the franchise moved to Washington. ... Wilpon said a report that the Mets would be leaving WFAN radio was "fairly accurate" and added "we are still negotiating with numerous parties about what we are going to do with our radio rights." Bryce Harper Jersey . Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse will reunite at this weekends season-opening World Cup at Canada Olympic Park as they begin their buildup to the Winter Games in Sochi. Kevin Long Jersey . Instead, Nonis and Kessel were sorting through the fallout of a wild melee with the Buffalo Sabres, one that saw Kessel suspended for the duration of the pre-season. http://www.officialnationalsgearshop.co ... ds-Jersey/. -- Jerel Worthy and his Michigan State teammates charged across the field, holding four fingers in the air while celebrating another sweet victory over their biggest rival. Matt Adams Jersey . Garcia had eight birdies overall to go with a lone bogey on the fourth to move to an 18-under total of 198 at the Asian Tour event. "I was able to hit some really nice shots and then was able to roll two or three really good putts in and it was nice to be able to finish birdie, birdie on this difficult finishing stretch," Garcia said. Shawn Kelley Jersey . Or at least on everyone elses expectations. Costa Rica followed up its surprise win over Uruguay with another World Cup stunner on Friday, beating four-time champion Italy 1-0 to secure a spot in the next round and eliminate England in the process.PHILADELPHIA - A division title could be clinched for either the Philadelphia Eagles or Chicago Bears when the two teams clash Sunday night at Lincoln Financial Field. You can watch the game on TSN beginning at 8:15pm et/5:15pm pt. Coverage begins with Football Night in America at 7pm et/4pm pt. The Eagles can clinch their first NFC East crown since 2010 with a win Sunday coupled by a Dallas Cowboys loss in Washington, while the Bears, who also captured their last division title in 2010, must defeat Philadelphia and have losses by Detroit and Green Bay in order to take home an NFC North title. Philadelphia will know by kickoff if it can wrap up the division versus the Bears because the Redskins host the Cowboys at 1pm et. If the Redskins post an improbable victory, the Eagles have a chance to become division winners in the first year of head coach Chip Kelly. But if Dallas wins, it will set up a huge matchup at Big D in Week 17. If that scenario occurs, Kelly said he will not rest his players versus Chicago because his team has to "get back on a winning track." The Eagles took a five-game winning streak into last Sundays showdown against the Minnesota Vikings and dropped a 48-30 decision. They trailed most of the game and allowed 455 yards of offense, including 370 through the air. Vikings rookie running back Matt Asiata, filling in for injured backs Adrian Peterson and Toby Gerhart, ran for 51 yards and three scores on 30 carries. Vikings receiver Greg Jennings had 163 yards and a touchdown on 11 catches and Jarius Wright hauled in four receptions for 95 yards. The Eagles managed to sack Matt Cassel three times and pick him off once, but couldnt produce offensively to keep the winning streak alive. "I thought we had a great week of practice, but we dont make excuses," Kelly said after the game. "We didnt play well enough to win today." Philadelphias dynamic offense still managed to produce 475 total yards and wide receiver DeSean Jackson caught 10 passes for 195 yards and a score. Jackson, though, got into a heated discussion with wide receivers coach Bob Bicknell before wideouts Jeff Maehl, Riley Cooper, another assistant coach, and running back LeSean McCoy intervened. Jackson knows that winning is the most important thing right now. "Its still the NFL," Jackson said. "Regardless of what the opposing teams record is, we still have to go out there and take it seriously. It was just a game we let slip. Its a game I felt we should have won. Going into it, I felt we had a great game plan but throughout the course of the game, we werent able to get it going." Jackson needs 135 more yards in the final two weeks to break Mike Quicks team record for most yards in a year. Quick had 1,409 yards back in 1983 for the Eagles, who will try to extend their home winning streak to four games after a 10-game slide in south Philly.dddddddddddd Chicago looks for its third straight win and some help to capture a division championship. Head coach Marc Trestman raised a few eyebrows when he named oft-injured quarterback Jay Cutler the starter again for Sundays 38-31 win at Cleveland after Josh McCown played so well in his absence. Cutler struggled at times against the Browns, throwing a pair of interceptions, but finished 22-of-31 passing with 265 yards and three touchdowns. Cutler has full support of his teammates and Trestman. "Hes a captain of this football team and hes elected captain of this football team," Trestman said. "Im sure that he would tell you that, not just the offensive guys, but throughout our football team, they stuck together and won for each other today. I thought it was a real good win for us." Bears running back Matt Forte helped take some of the load off of Cutler by rushing for 127 yards on 24 carries, while Chicago receivers Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery both had a receiving score. Marshall caught six passes for 95 yards and Jeffery ended with 72 on five receptions. Both Marshall and Jeffery pose as huge problems for the Eagles, who are 31st in passing yards allowed (291.6) and 30th in total yards allowed (402.4). The Eagles, though, were able to contain Arizonas Larry Fitzgerald and Detroits Calvin Johnson, who played through a blizzard and was completely taken off his game. The Eagles were scorched through the air last week in Minnesota and their secondary is banged up for Chicago. "Youve got two really, really big guys that have great range and can go get it and even when theyre covered one-on-one, it doesnt mean that theyre covered," Kelly said of Marshall and Jeffery. "Theyve got maybe the most complete back when you look at (Matt) Forte, in terms of his pass protection pickup, his ability to be a receiver out of the backfield and then his ability to run. The one thing about them that you admire is that they didnt miss a beat when they went to their backup quarterback and thats kind of a credit to the system that Marc (Trestman) is running up there." Both Marshall and Jeffery have eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark this season. Eagles safety Earl Wolff may return from a knee injury and cornerback Brandon Boykin has been cleared to play after missing practice with a concussion. Another rookie safety, Keelan Johnson, was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster Wednesday with safeties Kurt Coleman and Colt Anderson both injured. Johnson could make his NFL debut Sunday. Chicago has won two straight and four of the last five meetings with the Eagles, and leads the all-time series by a lopsided 29-11-1 ledger. The Bears recorded a 30-24 win in the last matchup on Nov. 7, 2011 and is unbeaten in the past two trips to the City of Brotherly Love. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '
zxlbxj1
Giga Rollo

Message(s) : 322

{ SO_SELECT }

Retour vers Achats-ventes